● Aplevicz, K.S., Silva, T., Fritzen-Freire, C.B., Amboni, R.D., Barreto, P.L. and Sant’Anna, E.S. (2014). Effect of the incorporation of different freeze-dried cultures on the properties of sourdough bread. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, 12: 354–367.
● Arendt, E.K., Ryan, L.A.M. and Dal Bello, F. (2007). Impact of sourdough on the texture of bread. Food Microbiology, 24: 165–174.
● Axel, C., Rocker, B., Brosnan, B., Zannini, E., Furey, A., Coffey, A. and Arendt, E.K. (2015). Application of Lactobacillus amylovorus DSM 19280 in gluten-free sourdough bread to improve the microbial shelf life. Food Microbiology, 47: 36–44.
● Chavan, R.S and Chavan, S. (2011). Sourdough Technology–A traditional way for wholesome foods: a review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 10: 170–183.
● Collar, C., Benedito de Barber, C. and Martinez-Anaya, M.A. (1994). Microbial sourdoughs influence acidification properties and bread making potential of wheat dough. Journal of Food Science, 59: 629–633.
● Corsetti, A., Gobbetti, M., De Marco, B., Balestrieri, F., Paoletti, F., Russi, L. and Rossi, J. (2000). Combined effect of sourdough lactic acid bacteria and additives on bread ﬁrmness and staling. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 48: 3044–3051.
● Crowley, P., Schober, T.J., Clarke, C.L. and Arendt, K.E. (2002). The effect of storage time on textural and crumb grain characteristics of sourdough wheat bread. European Food Research and Technology, 214: 489–96.
● Dal Bello, F., Clarke, C.I., Ryane, L.A.M., Ulmer, H., Schober, T.J., Strom, K., et al., (2007). Improvement the quality and shelf life of wheat bread by fermentation with antifungal strain Lactobacillus plantarum FST 1.7. Journal of Cereal Science, 45: 309–318.
● De Vuyst, L.D. and Neysens, P. (2005). The sourdough microflora: biodiversity and metabolic interactions. Food Science and Technology, 16: 43–56.
● Edema, M.O. and Sanni, A.I . (2008). Functional properties of selected starter cultures for sour maize bread. Food Microbiology, 25(4): 616–625.
● Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. (2010). Cereal and their products-method of moisture measurment. ISIRI No. 2705 [In Persian].
● Gerez, C.L., Cuezzo, S., Rollan, G and Font de Valdez, G. (2008). Lactobacillus reuteri CRL 1100 as starter culture for wheat dough fermentation. Food Microbiology, 25: 253–259.
● Gobbetti, M., De Angelis, M., Corsetti, A., and Di Cagno, R. (2005). Biochemistry and physiology of sourdough lactic acid bacteria. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 16: 57–69.
● Guarda, A., Rosell, C.M., Benedito, C. and Galotto, M.J. (2004). Different hydrocolloids as bread improvers and anti-staling agents. Food Hydrocolloids,18: 241–247.
● Gul, H., Ozçelic, S., Sagdiç, O. and Cartel, M. (2005). Sourdough bread production with Lactobacilli and S.cerevisiae isolated from sourdoughs. Process Biochemistry, 40: 691–697.
● Katina, K., Arendt, E., Liukkonen, K.H., Autio, K., Flander, L. and Poutanen, K. (2005). Potential of sourdough for healthier cereal products. Trends in Food Science & Technology ,16: 104–112.
● Katina, K., Heinio. R.L., Autio, K. and Poutanen, K. (2006). Optimization of sourdough process for improved sensory proﬁle and texture of wheat bread. LWT, 39: 1189–1202.
● Komlenic, D.K., Ugarcic-Hardi, Z., Jukic, M., Planinic, M., Bucic-Kojic, A and Strelec, I. (2010). Wheat dough rheology and bread quality affected by Lactobacillus brevis preferment, dry sourdough and lactic acid addition. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 45: 1417–1425.
● Lacaze, G., Wicka, M. and Cappelle, S. (2007). Emerging fermentation technologies: development of novel sourdoughs. Food Microbiology, 24(2): 155–160.
● Meignen, B., Onno, B., Ge´linas, P., Infantes, M., Guilois, S. and Cahagnier, B. (2001) Optimization of sourdough fermentation with Lactobacillus brevis and baker’s yeast. Food Microbiology, 18: 239–245.
● Moroni, A.V., Dal Bello, F. and Arendt, E.K. (2009). Sourdough in gluten-free bread-making: An ancient technology to solve a novel issue? Food Microbiology, 26: 676–684.
● Moroni, A. V., Sensidoni, G., Zannini, E. and Arendt, E. K. (2012). Exploitation of buckwheat sourdough for the production of wheat Bread. European Food Research and Technology, 235: 659–668.
● Paramithiotis, S., Tsiasiotou, S. and Drosinos, E. (2010). Comparative study of spontaneously fermented sourdoughs originating from two regions of Greece: Peloponnesus and Thessaly. European Food Research and Technology, 231: 883–890.
● Peighambardoust, S.H., Golshan Tafti, A., Khorasanchi, N., Hejazi, M.A. and Rafat, S.A. (2010). Comparing the effects of fresh and dried sourdough on the sensory characteristics and staling of pan bread. Journal of Food Research. 3(1): 163-175 [In Persian].
● Pepe, O., Villani, F., Oliviero, D., Greco, T. and Coppola, S. (2003). Effect of proteolytic starter cultures as leavening agents of pizza dough. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 84 (3): 319–326.
● Plessas, S., Alexopoulos, A., Mantzourani, I., Koutinas, A., Voidarou, C., Stavropoulou, E. et al., (2011). Application of novel starter cultures for sourdough bread production. Anaerobe, 17: 486–489.
● Rehman, S.U., Paterson, A., and Piggott, J.R. (2006). Flavour in sourdough breads: a review. Food Science and Technology, 17: 557–566.
● Roozegar, M.H., Shahedi, M. and Hamdami, N. (2015) Production and rheological and sensory evaluation of Taftoon bread containing flaxseed. Journal of food science and technology. 48(12): 231–244 [In Persian].
● Ryan, L.A., Zannini, E., Dal Bello, F., Pawlowska, A., Koehler, P. and Arendt, E.K. (2011). Lactobacillus amylovorus DSM 19280 as a novel food-grade antifungal agent for bakery products. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 146(3): 276–283.
● Sahraiyan, B., Mazaheri Tehrani, M., Naghipour, F., Ghiafeh Davoodi. M and Soleimani, M. (2013). The effect of mixing wheat flour with rice bran and soybean flour on physicochemical and sensory properties of baguettes. Iranian Journal of Nutrition Sciences & Food Technology, 8(3): 229–240 [In Persian].
● Sanz-Penella, J.M., Tamayo-Ramos, J.A. and Haros, M. (2012). Application of Biﬁdobacteria as starter culture in whole wheat sourdough bread making. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 5: 2370–2380.