عنوان مقاله [English]
Mycotoxin contamination of foodstuff and its transmission to consumers are extremely important from the public health point of view. Aflatoxin M1 (AFM1) is a hepatocarcinogenic toxin found in the milk of animals that have consumed feeds contaminated with aflatoxin B1. The aim of this study was to determine the level of AFM1 in raw milk at traditional dairy retails of the east of Mazandaran province. A total of 80 cow raw milk samples was randomly collected from retails of 10 cities of Mazandaran during March 2015. The level of AFM1 was measured by ELISA assay using commercial kits and a microplate reader. All raw milk samples contained measurable amounts of AFM1. The results showed that 6.25% of the total samples had higher concentrations permitted by the Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran; moreover, 17.5% of the samples were contaminated with higher concentrations of AFM1 than the maximum allowed limit set by the European Commission. Results revealed any significant relationship in the AFM1 concentrations between the sampling cities. According to the outcomes, it can be concluded that adequate control measures at the farm level may have resulted in reduced concentrations of AFM1 in raw milk of Mazandaran province; however, frequent monitoring is crucial.
● Alborzi, S., Pourabbas, B., Rashidi, M. and Astaneh, B. (2006). Aflatoxin M1 contamination in pasteurized milk in Shiraz (South of Iran). Food Control, 17(7): 582-584.
● Arast, Y., Mohammadian, M., Behnamipour, S., (2012). Occurrence of aflatoxin M1 in two dairy products by ELISA in central part of Iran. Life Science Journal, 9(3): 1831-1833.
● Chopra R.C., Chhabra A., Parsad, K.S.N., Dudhe, A., Hurthy T.N. and Pprasad T. (1999). Carryover of aflatoxin M1 in milk of cows fed aflatoxin B1 contamination ration. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 16(2):103-106.
● Gholampour Azizi, I., Khoushnevis, S.H. and Hashemi, S.J. (2007). Aflatoxin M1 level in pasteurized and sterilized milk of Babol city. Tehran University Medical Journal, 1(65): 20-24. [In Persian]
● Gholipour, M., Karim Zadeh, L., Alinia, F. and Babaee, Z.A. (2012). Determination of Aflatoxin M1 in milk processed in Mazandaran dairy factories, 2011. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, 93: 40-46. [In Persian]
● Food and Agriculture Organization) FAO), (2004). Worldwide regulations for mycotoxins in food and feed in 2003; Food and Nutrition, Paper 81, Rome, Italy.
● International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), (2011). A review of human carcinogens, IARC. Available at: https://monographs.iarc.fr/
● Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran (ISIRI), (2002). Food & Feed –Mycotoxins-Maximum tolerated level; 1nd revision, ISIRI No. 5925. [In Persian]
● Kamkar, A., Yazdankhah, S., Mohammadi Nafchi, A. and Mozaffari Nejad, A.S. (2014). Aflatoxin M1 in raw cow and buffalo milk in Shush city of Iran. Food Additives and Contaminants: Part B Surveillance, 7(1): 21–24.
● Karim, G., Bokaee, S. and Khorasani, A. (2000). Study on the contamination of raw bulk milk with aflatoxin in Tehran area using ELISA method. Animal Science Journal, Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 40: 163-165. [In Persian]
● Karimi, Gh, Hassanzadeh, M., Teimuri, M., Nazari, F. and Nili, A. (2007). Aflatoxin M1 contamination in pasteurized milk in Mashhad, Iran. Iranian Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 3 (3): 153-156.
● Karim, G., Parvaneh, V. and Kordi, J. (1982). Investigation on the aflatoxin contamination of milk in Tehran area. Iranian Journal of Public Health, 11, (1-2): 19-27. [In Persian]
● Mendonca, C. and Vaenancio, A. (2005). Fate of aflatoxin M1 in cheese whey processing. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 85: 2067–2070.
● Mohamadi Sani, A., Khezri, M. and Moradnia, H. (2012). Determination of Aflatoxin M1 in milk by ELISA technique in Mashad (Northeast of Iran). ISRN Toxicology,121926, 1-4.
● Ranjbar, S., Noori, M., Nazari, R., (2010). Study of milk Aflatoxin M1 and its relationship with feed fungi flora in Markazi Province. Journal of Cell Tissue; 1(1): 9-18.
● Sefidgar, S.A., Azizi, G., Khosravi, A.R. and Roudbar-Mohammadi, S. (2008). Presence of aflatoxin M1 in raw milk at cattle farms in Babol, Iran. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences: PJBS, 11(3): 484–486.
● Tajkarimi, M., Ghaemmaghami, S.S., Motalebi, A., Poursoltani, H., Salahnejad, A. and Shojaee, F. (2007). Seasonal survey in content aflatoxin M1 in raw milk taken from 15 dairy factories. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi. 75: 2-9. [In Persian]
● Torabi, S. and Ghorbani, M. (2016). Efficiency of traditional dairy farms in Mazandaran province: implications and recommendations for improvement (fuzzy data envelopment analysis). Iranian Journal of Animal Science, 46(4): 445-456. [In Persian]