· Astrup, A. and Brand-Miller, J. (2012). Diet composition and obesity. The Lancet, 379: 1100-1101.· Atarés, L. and Chiralt, A. (2016). Essential oils as additives in biodegradable films and coatings for active food packaging. Trends in Food Science and Technology, 48: 51-62.
· Ayari, S., Han, J., Vu, K.D. and Lacroix, M. (2016). Effects of gamma radiation, individually and in combination with bioactive agents, on microbiological and physicochemical properties of ground beef. Food Control, 64: 173-180.
· Bakkali, F., Averbeck, S., Averbeck, D. and Idaomar, M. (2008). Biological effects of essential oils–a review. Food and chemical toxicology, 46: 446-475.
· Batooli, H., Akhbari
, M., and Hosseinizadeh
, S.M.J. (2012). Effect of different distillation methods on quantity and quality of essential oil of two Ziziphora L. species. Journal of herbal drugs, 3: 135-146. [In Persian]
· Biswas, B., Rogers, K., McLaughlin, F., Daniels, D., and Yadav, A. (2013). Antimicrobial activities of leaf extracts of guava (Psidium guajava
L.) on two gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. International journal of microbiology, DOI: org/10.1155/2013/746165.
· Bhuiyan, M.N. I., Begum, J. and Sultana, M. (2009). Chemical composition of leaf and seed essential oil of Coriandrum sativum
L. from Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology, 4: 150-153.
· Broomand, A., Hamedi, M., Emamjomeh, Z., Razavi, S.H., and Gholmakani, M.T. (2009). Investigation on the antimicrobial effects of essential oils from dill and coriander seeds on Staphylococcus aureus
, Escherichia coli
O157:H7 and Salmonella typhimuruim
. Food Science and Technology Research Journal,4(1): 59-68. [In Persian]
· Burt, S. (2004). Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential applications in foods-a review. International journal of food microbiology, 94: 223-253.
· Chachoyan A.A. and Oganesyan G.B. (1996). Antitumor activity of some spices of the family Lamiaceae. Rastitelnye Resursy, 32(4): 59-64.
· Dadalioglu, I. and Evrendilek, G.A. (2004). Chemical compositions and antibacterial effects of essential oils of Turkish oregano (Origanum minutiflorum
), bay laurel (Laurus nobilis
), Spanish lavender (Lavandula stoechas
L.), and fennel (Foeniculum vulgare
) on common foodborne pathogens. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 52: 8255-8260.
· Fernandes, R., Do Rosario, V. A., Mocellin, M.C., Kuntz, M.G. and Trindade, E.B. (2016). Effects of inulin-type fructans, galacto-oligosaccharides and related synbiotics on inflammatory markers in adult patients with overweight or obesity: A systematic review. Clinical Nutrition, DOI:org/10.1016/j.clnu.2016.10.003.
· Ghaderi S., Falahati-HosseinAbad, A., Sarailoo, M.H., and Ghanbari, V. (2012). Investigation of the components and antibacterial effects of three plant's essential oil Coriandrum sativum, Achillea millefolium, Anethum graveolens in vitro, Journal of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences, 14(5): 74-82. [In Persian]
· Gharibzahedi, S. M.T. and Mohammadnabi, S. (2017). Effect of novel bioactive edible coatings based on jujube gum and nettle oil-loaded nanoemulsions on the shelf-life of Beluga sturgeon fillets. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 95: 769-777.
· Goncharenko, A. and Timoshchenko, A. (2014). Evaluation of the grain antioxidant activity of winter rye varieties. Russian Agricultural Sciences,
· Kakaei, S. and Shahbazi, Y. (2016). Effect of chitosan-gelatin film incorporated with ethanolic red grape seed extract and Ziziphora clinopodioides
essential oil on survival of Listeria monocytogenes
and chemical, microbial and sensory properties of minced trout fillet. LWT-Food Science and Technology,
· Laribi, B., Kouki, K., M'hamdi, M. and Bettaieb, T. (2015). Coriander (Coriandrum sativum
L.) and its bioactive constituents. Fitoterapia,
· Mahdavi, S.Kh., Asghari, P., Mazandarani, M., Hosseini, S.A., and Human, B. (2013). Evaluation of hypericin in Hypericum perforatum
L. (Case study: Golestan National Park and Ramian). Eco-phytochemical Journal of Medical Plants, 2: 71-84. [In Persian]
· Mastromatteo, M., Lucera, A., Sinigaglia, M. and Corbo, M.R. (2009). Combined effects of thymol, carvacrol and temperature on the quality of non conventional poultry patties. Meat science,
· Mohajerfar, T., Hosseinzadeh, A., Akhondzadeh-Basti, A., Khanjari, A., Misaghi, and Gandomi Nasrabadi, H. (2013). Determination of minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of Zataria multiflora
boiss. essential oil and lysozim on L. monocytogenes.
Journal of Medicinal Plants,4: 70-78. [In Persian]
· Oussalah, M., Caillet, S., Saucier, L. and Lacroix, M. (2007). Inhibitory effects of selected plant essential oils on the growth of four pathogenic bacteria: E. coli O157: H7, Salmonella typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureus and Listeria monocytogenes. Food control, 18: 414-420.
· Ozturk, S. and Ercisli, S. (2007). Antibacterial activity and chemical constitutions of Ziziphora clinopodioides
. Food control, 18: 535-540.
· Pajouhi, M.R., Taajik, H., Akhondzadeh, A., Gandomi Nasrabadi, H., Ehsani, A., and Shokouhi Sabet Jalali, F. (2010). Evaluation of the chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of essential oil of oregano (Mentha longifolia
L.) and cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum
L.) alone and in combination with nisin. Urmia University of Medical Science, 21(4): 324-331. [In Persian]
· Rahman, A., and Kang, S. C., (2009). In vitro
control of food-borne and food spoilage bacteria by essential oil and ethanol extracts of Lonicera Japonica
Thunb. Food Chemistry, 116(3): 670-675.
· Raut, J.S., and Karuppayil, S.M. (2014). A status review on the medicinal properties of essential oils. Industrial Crops and Products, 62: 250-264.
· Sadiki, A.Y., Balouiri, M., Barkai, H., Maataoui, H., Koraichi, S.I., and Elabed, S. (2014). Synergistic antibacterial effect of Myrtus communis
and Thymus vulgaris
essential oils fractional inhibitory concentration index. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
, 6: 121-124.
· Salehi, P., Sonboli, A., Eftekhar, F., Nejad-Ebrahimi, S. and Yousefzadi, M. (2005). Essential oil composition, antibacterial and antioxidant activity of the oil and various extracts of Ziziphora clinopodioides
subsp. rigida (Boiss.) RECH. f. from Iran. Biological and pharmaceutical bulletin, 28: 1892-1896.
· Schaffer, A.C. and Lee, J.C. (2008). Vaccination and passive immunisation against Staphylococcus aureus. International journal of antimicrobial agents, 32: S71-S78.
· Shahbazi, Y., Shavisi, N. and Mohebi, E. (2016). Potential application of Ziziphora clinopodioides
essential oil and nisin as natural preservatives against Bacillus cereus
and Escherichia coli
O157: H7 in commercial barley soup. Journal of Food Safety, 36(4): 435-441.
· Silva, F. and Domingues, F.C. (2017). Antimicrobial activity of coriander oil and its effectiveness as food preservative. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 57: 35-47.
· Smaoui, S., Hsouna, A.B., Lahmar, A., Ennouri, K., Mtibaa-Chakchouk, A., Sellem, I., et al
. (2016). Bio-preservative effect of the essential oil of the endemic Mentha piperita used alone and in combination with BacTN635 in stored minced beef meat. Meat science, 117: 196-204.
· Smith-Palmer, A., Stewart, J. and Fyfe, L. (2001). The potential application of plant essential oils as natural food preservatives in soft cheese. Food microbiology, 18: 463-470.
· Soltaninezhad, S.H., Mokhtari, T. and Rahbarian, P. (2009). Antibacterial activity of the essential oil and methanolic extract
of Ziziphora clinopodioides on some pathogenic bacteria. Microbial Biotechnology, 2(5): 1-6. [In Persian]
· Tabatabaei Yazdi, F., Alizadeh Behbahani, B. Vasiee, A.R., Mortazavi, S.A., and Moradi, S. (2016). Investigation of the extracts antibacterial effect of Hibiscus Sabdariffa against strains of antibiotic resistance on pathogenic bacteria “in vitro”, Iranian Journal of Food Science and Industry, 55: 23-31 [In Persian].
· Wang, Y., Xia, Y., Zhang, P., Ye, L., Wu, L. and He, S. (2017). Physical Characterization and Pork Packaging Application of Chitosan Films Incorporated with Combined Essential Oils of Cinnamon and Ginger. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 10(3): 503-511.