· AL-Abdessalam, T.Z. (1995). Marine Species of the sultanate of Oman. Oman: Marine Science and Fisheries Center, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
· AOAC. (2005). Association of Official Analytical Chemist, Official Methods of Analysis 18th Ed., AOAC international, suite 500, 481 north frederick avenue, gaithersburg, Maryland 20877-2417, USA.
· Bean, N.H., and Griffin, P.M. (1990). Food born disease outbreak in the United States, 1973-1987. Journal of Food Protection, 53: 804- 817.
Connell, J.J. (2002). Quality Control in Fish Industry. Torry Advisory Note. No. 58.
· El-Deen, G., and El-Shamery, M.R. (2010). Studies on contamination and quality of fresh fish meats during storage. Academic Journal of Biological Science, 2: 65-74.
· Food and Drug administration (FDA), (1998). Scombrotoxin (histamine) formation in fish and fishery products hazards and Control guide (Znded, pp73-90) Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health services, Nutrition, Office of Sea Food.
· Galurini, E. (1996). Heavy metals and histamine in fish products. Histamine content during 1988-1995. Industry Alimentary, 35(353):1194-1198.
· Goulas, A.E., and Kontominas, M.G. (2007). Combined effect of light salting, modified atmosphere packaging and oregano essential oil on the shelf-life of sea bream (Sparus aurata): Biochemical and sensory attributes. Food Chemistry, 100(1): 287–296.
· Jeon, C.O., Kamil, Y.V.A., and Shahidi, F. (2002). Chitosan as an edible invisible film for quality preservation of Herring and Atlantic Cod. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 50: 5167-5178.
· Kose, C., Quantick, P., and Hall, G. (2003). Changes in the level of histamine during processing and storage of fish meal. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 107: 161-172.
Lehane, L., and Olley, J. (2000). Histamine fish poisoning (Revisited). International Journal of Food Microbiology, 58:1-7.
· Lopez-Sabater, E.I., Rodrguez-Jerez, J.J., Hernandez-Herrero, M., and Mora-Ventura, M.T. (1996). Incidence of histamine forming bacteria and histamine content in scombroid fish species from retail markets in the Barcelona area. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 28(3): 411-418.
· Middlebrooks, B.L., Toom, P.M., and Douglas, W.L. (1988). Effects of storage time and temperature on the micro flora and amine development in Spanish mackerel. Journal of Food Science, 53:1024-1029.
· Mazorra‐Manzano, M.A., Pacheco‐Aguilar, R., Díaz‐Rojas, E.I., and Lugo‐Sánchez, M.E. (2000). Postmortem changes in black skipjack muscle during storage in ice. Journal of Food Science, 65(5): 774-779.
· Mohan, C.O., Ravishankar, C.N., Lalitha, K.V., and Gopal, T.S. (2012) Effect of chitosan edible coating on the quality of double filleted Indian oil sardine (Sardinella longiceps) during chilled storage. Food Hydrocolloids, 26(1): 167-174.
Nakovich, L. (2003). Analysis of biogenic by GC/FID and GC/MS. M.Sc thesis in chemistry. Faculty of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Virginia. 70 p.
· No, H.K., Meyers, S.P., Prnyawiwatkul, W., Xu, Z. (2007). Applications of chitosan for improvement of quality and shelf life of foods: A review. Journal of Food Science, 72: 87- 100.
· Rahimi, E., Nayebpour, F., Alian, F. (2012). Determination of Histamine in Canned Tuna Fish Using ELISA Method. American-Eurasian Journal of Toxicological Sciences, 4(2): 64-66.
· Rehbein, H., Oehlenschhager, J. (2009). Fishery Product, quality, safety and authenticity. Blackwell publishing Ltd.
· Rogers, P.L., and Staruszkiewicz, W. (1997). Gas chromatographic method for putrescine and cadaverine in canned tuna and Mahi mahi and fluorometric method for histamine (minor modification of AOAC official method 977. B): Collaborative study. Journal of AOAC International, 80.
· Shahidi, F., Zhong, Y. (2005). Lipid oxidation: measurement methods (6th Ed.). Memorial university of Newfoundland, Canada. 357-385.
· Venugopal V. (2002). Biosensors in fish production and quality control. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 17:47–157.
· Woyewoda, A.D., Shaw, S.J., Ke, P.J., and Burns, B.G. (1986). Recommended laboratory methods for assessment of fish quality. Canadian Technical Report of Fish and Aquatic Science, 1448p.