عنوان مقاله [English]
This study aimed to investigate the effects of clove (Eugenia caryophyllus L.) extract and essential oil (EO) on oxidative stability and sensory properties of pre-cooked trout fillet during frozen storage period. Trout fillets (treated with clove EO (0.1%), extract (2%), BHT (0.02%) and the control) were fried, oven baked and steamed and stored at -18 ºC for 4 months. By the end of storage period, the highest value peroxide value was obtained from fried fillets contained EO and extract (4.48 and 5.45 meq/kg, respectively) and the lowest was observed in oven-baked samples contained EO and extract (2.63 and 3.47 meq/kg, respectively). TBA values did not increase in pre-cooked fillets with EO and extract except control steamed samples (0.58 mg MA/kg). Samples treated with clove EO showed slower PV and TBA increse than those of extract-treated samples or control. However, the additions of clove EO and extract have positive effect on sensory quality of baked fillets.
● Azizkhani, M. and Zandi, P. (2008). Formulation production of healthy margarine using natural antioxidants mixtures. Registered innovation no. 48271. Administration of Firms and Industrial ownership Registration, Tehran.
● Azizkhani, M. and Ataee, M. (2011). Chemical Composition, Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of the essential oil and methanol extract from Mentha longifolia L. Hudson from north of Iran. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology B, 1(4): 586-593.
● Azizkhani, M. and Tooryan, F. (2015). Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of rosemary extract, mint extract and a mixture of tocopherols in beef sausage during storage at 4C. Journal of Food Safety, 35(1): 128–136.
● Bakar, J., Rahimabadi, E.Z. and Man, Y.B.C. (2008). Lipid characteristics in cooked, chill-reheated fillets of Indo-Pacific king mackerel (Scomberomorous guttatus). LWT, 41: 2144–2150.
● Bart, S. (2004). Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential application in foods-a review. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 94 (3): 223 -253.
● Bektas, T. and Munevver, S. H. (2006). Screening of the antioxidant potentials of six Salvia species from Turkey. Food Chemistry, 95: 200-204.
● Cadun, A., Kisla, D. and Cakli. S. (2008). Marination of deep-water pink shrimp with rosemary extract and the determination of its shelf-life. Food Chemistry, 109: 81–87.
● Djenane, D., Sanchez-Escalante, A., Beltran, J.A. and Roncales, P. (2004). Antioxidant effect of carnosine and carb fresh beef steak stored under modified atmosphere. Food Chemistry, 85: 453–459.
● Dorman, H.J.D., Peltoketo, A., Hiltunen, R. and Tikkanen, M.J. (2003). Characterisation of the antioxidant properties of de-odorized aqueous extracts from selected Lamiaceae herbs. Food Chemistry, 83: 255–262.
● Dreeling, N., Allen, P. and Butler, F. (2000). Effect of cooking method on sensory and instrumental texture attributes of low-fat beef burgers. LWT, 33: 234–238.
● Durucasu, I., Mutlu, K., Sik, L., Yasa, I., Arda, N. and Kirmizigul, S. (2009). Apolar constituents of some biologically active Dianthus species from western Anatolia. Chemistry of Natural Compounds, 45(6): 782-785.
● Exarchou, V., Nenadis, N., Tsimidou, M., Gerothanassis, I.P., Troganis, A. and Boskou, D. (2002). Antioxidant activities and phenolic composition of extracts from Greek oregano, Greek sage, and summer savory. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 50: 5294–5299.
● Huidobro, A., Mendes, R. and Nunes, M.L. (2001). Slaughtering of gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) in liquid ice: influence on fish quality. European Food Research and Technology, 213: 267–272.
● Kanner, J. (1994). Oxidative processes in meat and meat products: quality implications. Meat Science, 36: 169–189.
● Kristensen, D. and Skibsted, L. H. (1999). Comparison of three methods based on electron spin resonance spectrometry for evaluation of oxidative stability of processed cheese. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 47: 3099–3104.
● Kristensen, D., Hansena, E., Arndalb, A., Trinderupa, R.A. and Skibsted, L.H. (2001). Influence of light and temperature on the colour and oxidative stability of processed cheese. International Dairy, 11: 837-843.
● Mc Bride, N.T.M., Hogan, S.A. and Kerry, J.P. (2007). Comparative addition of rosemary extract and additives on sensory and antioxidant properties of retail packaged beef. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 42: 1201–1207.
● Melton, S. (1983). Methodology for following lipid oxidation in muscle foods. Food Technology, 37: 111–116.
● Miyake, T. and Shibamoto, T. (1996). Simultaneous determination of acrolein, malonaldehyde and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal produced from lipids oxidized with Fenton’s reagent. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 34: 1009–1011.
● Nunes, M.L., Cardinal, M., Mendes, R., Morao Campos, R., Bandarra, N.M., Lourenço, H. and Jerome, M. (1992). Effect of season and storage on proteins and lipids of sardine (Sardine pilchardus) minces and surimi. In: Huss, H.H. (Editor), Quality assurance in the fish industry, Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp. 73–81.
● Ozcan, M. (2003). Antioxidant activities of rosemary, sage and sumac extracts and their combinations on the stability of natural peanut oil. Journal of Medicinal Food, 6: 267–270.
● Ozyurt, G., Kuley, E., Ozkutuk, S. and Ozogul, F. (2009). Sensory, microbiological and chemical assessment of the freshness of red mullet (Mullus barbatus) and goldband goatfish (Upeneus moluccensis) during storage in ice. Food Chemistry, 114: 505-510.