عنوان مقاله [English]
Knowledge about phenotypic features of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from milk and their products is very limited in Tabriz region. The aim of this study was to determine the biotypes of S. aureus. For this purpose, 48 S. aureus strains which were previously isolated from cow raw milk (24), traditional cheese (12) and ice cream (12) in Tabriz region were considered. Biotyping was carried out by means of Staphylokinase production, β-hemolysis, coagulation of cow plasma and crystal violates reaction. Among 48 isolates, 23 and 2 strains were belonged to the human and ovine ecovars, respectively. The rest of the isolates were identified as non-host specific ecovars. Regarding the high prevalence rate of human ecovars in this study, it seems that these ecovars may have been transmitted to these products via human handling.
● Acco, M., Ferreira, F.S., Henriques, J.A.P. and Tondo, E.C. (2003). Identification of multiple strains of Staphylococcus aureus colonizing nasal mucosa of food handlers. Food Microbiology, 20: 489–493.
● Busch, U. and Nitschko, H. (1999). Methods for the differentiation of microorganisms. Journal of Chromatography B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications, 722: 263–278.
● Capita, R., Alonso-Calleja, C., Garcia-Fernandez, M.C. and Moreno, B. (2002). Characterization of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from poultry meat in Spain. Poultry Science, 81: 414–421
● Casciano, R., Alberghini, L., Peccio, A., Serraino, A. and Rosmini, R. (2003). Typing of Staphylococcus aureus isolates from raw milk. Veterinary Research Communication, 27: 289–291.
● Devriese, L.A. (1984). A simplified system for biotyping Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from different animal species. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 56: 215–220.
● Dastmalchi Saei, H. and Ahmadi, M. (2010). Genotyping of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine mastitis based on PCR-RFLP analysis of the aroA gene. Comparative Clinical Pathology, 19: 163–168.
● Enright, M.C., Day, N.P., Davies, C.E., Peacock, S.J. and Spratt, B.G. (2000). Multilocus sequence typing for characterization of methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible clones of Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 38: 1008–1015.
● Fitzgerald, J.R., Meaney, W.J., Hartigan, P.J., Smyth, C.J. and Kapur, V. (1997). Fine-structure molecular epidemiological analysis of Staphylococcus aureus recovered from cows. Epidemiology and Infection, 119: 261–269.
● Ishino, K., Tsuchizaki, N., Ishikawa, J. and Hotta, K. (2007). Usefulness of PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism typing of the coagulase gene to discriminate Arbekacin-resistant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 45: 607–609.
● Marcos, J.Y., Soriano, A.C., Salazar, M.S., Moral, C.H., Ramos, S.S., Smeltzer, M.S., et al. (1999). Rapid identification and typing of Staphylococcus aureus by PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of the aroA gene. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 37: 570-574.
● Melles, D.C., van Leeuwen, W.B., Snijders, S.V., Horst-Kreft, D., Peeters, J.K., Verbrugh, H.A., et al. (2007). Comparison of multilocus sequence typing (MLST), pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE), and amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) for genetic typing of Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 69: 371–375.
● Normanno, G., La Salandra, G., Dambrosio, A., Quaglia, N.C., Corrente, M., Parisi, A., et al. (2007). Occurrence, characterization and antimicrobial resistance of enterotoxigenic Staphylococcus aureus isolated from meat and dairy products. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 115: 290–296.
● Kérouanton, A., Hennekinne, J.A., Letertre, C., Petit, L., Chesneau, O., Brisabois, A., et al. (2007). Characterization of Staphylococcus aureus strains associated with food poisoning outbreaks in France. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 115: 369–375.
● Kitai, S., Shimizu, A., Kawano, J., Sato, E., Nakano, C., Kitagawa, H., et al. (2005). Prevalence and characterization of Staphylococcus aureus and enterotoxigenic Staphylococcus aureus in retail raw chicken meat throughout Japan. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, 67: 269–274
● Rajamohan, G. and Kanak, L.D. (2000). Role of the N-terminal region of staphylokinase (SAK): evidence for the participation of the N-terminal region of SAK in the enzyme-substrate complex formation. FEBS Letters. 474: 151–158.
● Shayegh, J., Barzegari, A. and Mikaili, P. (2013). Molecular characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus isolates from buffaloes milk. The Journal of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Kafkas, 19(4): 665–668.
● Soltan Dallal, M.M., Salehipour, Z., Eshraghi, S., Fallah Mehrabadi, J. and Bakhtiar, R. (2010). Occurrence and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from meat and dairy products by PCR-RFLP. Annals of Microbiology, 60: 189–196.
● Strommenger, B., Braulke, C., Heuck, D., Schmidt, C., Pasemann, B., Nubel, U. and et al. (2008). Spa Typing of Staphylococcus aureus as a frontline tool in epidemiological typing. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 46: 574–581.